Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Exoplanets lead to an idiotic train of thought

Click any image to enlarge
These are a series of artistic renderings of exoplanets from the image archive of the Hubble Space  Telescope.  As I prepared the images my mind, as it is wont to do, started aimlessly meandering.

Reincarnation. For those who believe in it they've either lived past lives in romantic historical times or, if they're of a more mystical Eastern mindset, they've been cows and what-not in their previous lives. It strikes me that all these new found exoplanets add layers of complexity to all that -- perhaps your previous lives took place, not on Earth, but as a warrior in a conflict in the Magellanic Clouds or as a sea creature somewhere in the belt of Orion.

Me? I'm looking forward to the next planet my essence lands on. I just hope it's not an ice world.




No comments: