Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Gyimes, a village in the Carpathian Mountains

These are scenes from Gyimes, a small rural village in Transylvania. What I know about Transylvania comes from old Bela Lagosi Dracula movies. In the video I didn't notice any fellows eating flies or turning into bats, but perhaps that just wasn't filmed.

The village is in a valley in the Carpathians. Some of my ancestors came from around that area, so maybe a distant cousin or two was in the video. It is a pleasant looking place, although rather too rustic looking for my taste. 

 

4 comments:

XRay said...

It does seem rustic, though the outhouse was rather nice.

Bathroom Renovations Brisbane said...

That's definitely it! If you're looking for a bathroom renovator around Brisbane, book us a quote now! Brisbane bathroom remodeling

ambisinistral said...

An on-topic spam post? That's quite the conundrum, I guess I'll leave it up. And yes, the outhouse was a marvel in its own way.

XRay said...

That on-topic spam post is hilarious...