Sunday, April 14, 2024

Our friend the tin can

Click image to enlarge

I remember being 20 years old and I'm living by myself for the first time with my buddies and what you're worried about day to day is what am I going to eat for dinner?
I don't know how to cook, so I've got to get canned food.
Those are the only worries you have in the world.
- Brad Marchand -

The first meal was an object lesson of much variety.
My father produced several kinds of food, ready to eat, without any cooking,
from little tin cans that had printing all over them.
- Mary Antin -

I live out of cans a lot. But I try to indulge only in healthy canned food.
- Dwight Yoakam -

The path of civilization is paved with tin cans.
- Elbert Hubbard -

  

2 comments:

Bruceph said...

There was this one Jean Shepard's America episode where he's up in the Alaskan tundra far away from civilization in a place where few if any men had trod... He's waxing on and on about it's beauty, it's majesty, it's wonder, it's purity, it's wildness. Then the camera pans down to an old tuna tin. LOL!

Bruceph said...

It's amazing what 50 yrs will do to a memory. Nothing like I remember... https://youtu.be/ns2YOnKVmrA