Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The first Flares Poll of International Opinion


In a comment thread below OMMAG of the blog One More Middle Aged Guy was wondering why there was not more discussion of Agent 99 from Get Smart. I was wondering the same thing. 

So, in spite of the apparent utter lack of interest in the topic, I -- perhaps unwisely -- decided to make it the topic of the first Flares Poll of International Opinion. I'll confess that my greatest fear is that a lack of votes will vividly demonstrate just how anemic the traffic to this blog is. So, vote early and vote often to spare me the shame.  

The poll is on the top of the sidebar column to the right. Naturally, feel free to discuss this important issue in the comments if you feel the need.

4 comments:

Knucklehead said...

ever saw Ms. Hathaway's portrayal of the charming Agent 99. But as a yute who saw a few episodes of Get Smart, I have to fully admit that Ms. Feldon's Agent 99's interest in a bumbling but good hearted knucklehead like Maxwell Smart has forever endeared her to me.

Knucklehead said...

ummm... "Never", of course. Funky keyboard!

ambisinistral said...

Poor Ms Hathaway is getting clobbered at the moment. I also voted for Ms Feldon.

I'm reasonably certain I did see the remake of Get Smart, but the thing is, try as I might, I can't remember a thing about it other than a vague recollection of the Cone of silence bit (the Cone prop was too well done, part of the humor of the original was just how cheesy their sets and props were).

Knucklehead said...

Ambi,

Half the fun of sitting with the family was watching Mom watch Get Smart. To her the humor of Get Smart was second ONLY to Peter Sellers.

Whenever the Cone of Silence started wobbling its way down over Smart and whomever the boss was, it was nearly the end for her. We were never entirely sure she would survive an episode.