Saturday, March 03, 2012

What I've been up to


It's a long story, and one that perhaps doesn't reflect well on my judgement, but I got it into my head that I wanted to buy a sailboat so I've been looking for one to buy. Today I bought one and I am now the proud owner of a 22' Catalina. 

The major problem I now face is that, if you want to get technical about it, I don't actually know how to sail. So, my next hurdle will be figuring out how to get from point A to point B without sinking or running aground. However, I'm looking forward to figuring that process out.  

 

3 comments:

OMMAG said...

Congrats .... now take sailing lessons

Knucklehead said...

Congratulations! Best of luck to you. No doubt you'll be Virgin hopping in no time.

Reminds me of a buddy. While enjoying an island vacation he decided to rent a hobie for a couple hours. He then proceeded to disappear. While out of sight he discovered that he knew nothing at all about sailing, capsized the hobie and wound up being towed in by a kind boating version of a passerby.

Needless to say he went home and bought himself a day sailer. A mutual fried went sailing with him and reported he'd never been so frightened in his life (and this a man who's been on deck in a cyclone).

My buddy then proceeded to upgrade to a larger and faster sailboat. When the economy started to tank he decided it was too expensive a hobby and unloaded the boat (and the associated bills).

Which reminds me. You do know that boats are AKA "a whole in the water into which you throw money."

ENJOY!

Knucklehead said...

Make that "hole". Sigh.