Monday, May 01, 2006

In Which Babalú Reads My Mind.

After a completely appropriate discourse on the glories of a Cuban breakfast, Babalú gives us his take on the May 1 demonstration. He isn't happy. I am amazed at how ungrateful some immigrants are to this country. My family came here with nothing but the clothes on our backs, a couple of suitcases each, and the stuff we could hide from Fidel's goons.

God Bless the United States of America.

Sí Señor. Who said 19th Century style screaming eagle patriotism was dead? Not on my block. Or Babalú's, either. Damn. Where's that Sousa CD?

2 comments:

chuck said...

Must say it warms my heart to hear babalu express those sentiments. What American could resist? Hmm, yep, *that's* a political strategy that would work wonders. It's curious that the Mayday organizers didn't think of it.

Anonymous said...

"...the old USSR May Day..."

which originated in Chicago.