Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bizarro World




If one were to look at the cover of New Mobility Magazine below, the message is that King George is a regular Scrooge.

Strange...... to hear the fiscal conservatives tell it the man spends money like a drunken sailor. One would think this would be a question easily answered by numbers, good old fashioned math. But it seems not. You see, it depends on who you talk to.

I always felt uncomfortable with the post modern, wishy washy, it all depends way of looking at things. Don't get me wrong... I do believe in compromise, in fact I do not think democracy can survive without it. But at least the parties should be able to agree on the basic facts of the matter.




It seems not. Are we at war? Depends on who you ask. Is Bush acting like a monarch rather than a president? Once again, the answer is subjective and dependent not on verifiable facts but is a matter of opinion. And of course there are no right or wrong opinions, all opinions are valid.

It is like living in Bizarro World.

3 comments:

MeaninglessHotAir said...

No, no, no, Terrye, not all opinions are equally valid. Politically incorrect opinions, like those held by Republicans, are not valid at all. Now do you see?

Syl said...

Nice pictures to illustrate your point, Terrye!

Bizarro world? DAZ3D just put out the Mad Hatter and also the TeaParty setting. Fantasy world theme going on right now.

Alack and Alay I can't manage it. But I did get the Three Little Pigs with my discount and monthly voucher.

I have a caterpillar and a little girl--can make her a little blond Alice. Don't know about the blue dress though. That has a connotation different from innocence now.

Perhaps a Monica Through the Looking Glass. :) Gives a different meaning to the Red Queen and the Mad Hatter. LOL

vnjagvet said...

If repeated enough, even nonsense begins to make sense in the bizarro world of deconstruction and modern "truthiness".

I think I am getting bored with many of these people, although I know that lest we be vigilant, these folks may win the war for "hearts and minds".