Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Weekly Links


False memories have been stored in artificial neurons for the first time.

Wildlife is returning to Chernobyl.

Honda is discontinuing the hybrid Accord.

A list of the most overpaid CEOs in America.

The world's latest tallest building.

Bullet points kill your presentation.

The Kenyan economics expert James Shikwati says that aid to Africa does more harm than good.

New uses for the Internet.

Normal skin cells can be reprogrammed into becoming stem cells. No need for embryos.

Paper that talks to you.

What the world eats.

The Picture.

A major advance in our understanding of the genetic basis of many diseases.

Everything you ever wanted to know about video codecs.

Were puddles of water discovered on Mars?

Bob Dylan wrote all the pop songs of the last 35 years.

High wages in India are forcing Tata Consultancy Services (one of the largest Indian consultancy firms) to outsource to Mexico.

Why Iran won't compromise.

Why your kids expect to be rich.

25 most popular blogs.

Massive volcano pluming into space.

America's best and worst paying jobs.

The company which Privacy International has called "an endemic threat to privacy", worst on their list.

5 comments:

Charlie Martin said...

That picture of Fergie is quite stunning. And amazing, I've never seen her looking that, well, normal.

Doug said...

I like your Weekly Links Feature.
Thanks.
Here's my contribution:
---
Iliberal on Immigration
Don’t look at me.
By Victor Davis Hanson

Luther said...

I hate being so damn venal, but I can't take my eyes off that damn woman long enough to say:

Good work MHA. Lots to think about in this latest compendium of links. Which I do like by the way. Keep it up, especially with pictures :-)

Knucklehead said...

Heh, Yo, notfuhnuttin, but tanks a lot, I needed that video codec piece. No kiddin.

MeaninglessHotAir said...

Thanks, guys. As for the picture, stay tuned, they get better. :-)

Knuck, it was precisely with you in mind that I posted that video codec link. I'm glad you liked it.