Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



I'm not sure why they've created a holiday specifically for Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, but who am I to argue with the American Greeting Card Industry? So, happy Mother's Day to you all.

In his song Trouble, Zappa was singing about the Watts riots, but the lyrics work just as well today. Enjoy the above version, he plays a nice guitar solo in it.

Well I'm about to get sick
From watchin' my TV
Been checkin' out the news
Until my eyeballs fail to see
I mean to say that every day
Is just another rotten mess
And when it's gonna change, my friend
Is anybody's guess

So I'm watchin' and I'm waitin'
Hopin' for the best
Even think I'll go to prayin'
Every time I hear 'em sayin'
That there's no way to delay
That trouble comin' every day
No way to delay
That trouble comin' every day
 

No comments: