Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Odd-looking red poodle

A skinny, short-haired, mutated poodle quenches its thirst.
A few years ago Mrs. Sinistral claimed to have spotted a Florida Panther in our backyard. Upon further viewings it turned out that it was nothing more than the neighbor's rather fat cat. So, when a few months ago she claimed to have seen a fox, I derided her as probably mistaking a poodle for a fox.

Shortly afterwards she produced a picture of the creature. It was about 50 yards away from the camera and a bit blurry looking. Still, it was odd looking, and rather reddish for a poodle. None the less, after studying the photo carefully I solemnly declared that it was obviously a poodle.

Today she produced the above photo. It was right outside our door drinking from a bowl of water we put out for the neighborhood cats. 

Ermmm... uhh..... looks like a poodle to me. At any rate, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, although I doubt I'll try to pet it if I ever get close enough to it. 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I larfed! :D