Thursday, November 17, 2011

Russian robot illustrations from a children's book

Click to enlarge any image
Greetings meat sacks, it is I -- The Robotolizer -- here to give you another dose of inspiring robot news. However, before I do that, some of you may recall I was working on a robotic drum circle for the Occupy protest camps. Sadly, I did not get it deployed before the camps were broken up by the Man. Unfortunately I had problems with the autonomous laser cannons meant to protect them which led to unanticipated delays.

As a side note, and in no way connected to the above news, I want to extend my condolences to my neighbors, who's pet poodle Fluffy some how got turned into a pile of ash. My prayers are with you in this hour of grief.

But, enough of that... today I want to talk about the robot illustrations of E. Benyaminson for the children's book Hello, I'm Robot! I've only posted a few in this article, you can see more at the 50 Watts article Mummy Was A Robot, Daddy Was A Small Non-Stick Kitchen Utensil.

The picture which leads off the article shows a mother robot with an abacus for a brain, while her baby robot has a calculator. Of course this nicely illustrates the great strides that robots are making in computing power from one generation to the next. Already robots have progressed to the point of welding cars, vacuuming rugs, and soon hopefully managing the World's arsenal of nuclear weapons. Truely, robots are a boon to their human friends.

Next, in the spirit of ambisinistral's poorly written post Fighting a fire, the illustration to the left shows some robot fire fighters.

You will note that they are bravely rushing into the blazing inferno, with no thought to their own safety, to assist their human pets friends fight the fire.

In fact, a careful examination of the picture shows that one of them even appears to be wearing a toilet seat hanging from their neck. No doubt this is to provide an emergency toiletry resource in case the outhouse went up in flames along with the house. Such foresight is touching, is it not?

Below are few more illustrations from the series, such as a view of a cute robotic duck's innards, a helpful robot cleaning lady, and the final picture -- my favorite of them all -- which shows a rainbow stretching from a robot to a human hand and of course symbolizes the peaceful bond between robots and their meat sack buddies. When I look at it I like to program the song Kum Ba Yah to play as inspiration. Perhaps you could join me and hum a few bars as you admire it! 



Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!
O Lord, kum ba yah!
 

No comments: