Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday Links


When the Chinese mask slips.

How I tamed my in-box.

Wall Street's crisis.

The Island of the Birds.

Obama's American search for roots.

10 oddball websites.

The liberation of Karmah.

Rodham Clinton under fire.

Even worse than gasoline for the environment?

Top 50 universities ranked by looks.

Is graphene the new silicon?

Obama and Bush are cousins.

More bandwidth through hyper-entangled photons.

Yet another dead reporter.

1968 was all demographics.

1 comment:

ambisinistral said...

Wow -- the Navy pulled out of Midway? They don't refuel there anymore?

It has been about 35 years since I've been there, and it was a certainly a weird corner of the universe. If you weren't on watch you could buy beer from the geedunk truck and wander among the Gooney Birds for an hour or two.

Last time I was there I was restricted to the ship and the rest of the radar crew got so drunk we couldn't man sea and anchor detail. I had to throw my Chief out of C.I.C. Man, the Captain was pissed at us.

Anyways, I don't remember the beeches being knee deep with trash. I suspect the writer is buttering the bread a little on that.