Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus's crew

Muster's famous chart of sea monsters (click to enlarge)
As an old sailor on this Columbus Day I'll tip my hat to his crew and give them a hearty handshake and a job well done. They sailed small wooden boats into an ocean full of scurvy and sea monsters. They must have been a salty lot. I wonder what sea stories they told the credulous landlubbers when they got back to Spain?

Below are a few more of the terrors they faced on their journeys taken from the Carta Marina


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many people worry so much about managing their careers, but rarely spend half that much energy managing their LIVES. I want to make my life, not just my job, the best it can be. The rest will work itself out.
How I also wish you could link us up to better jobs sites
allot are really in pains, modern day slavery for a job
Great Opportunity to get international Jobs specially Nigerian citizens must check this site Crew Jobs submit