Thursday, October 06, 2011

I've burnished my Green credentials

If Obama is right, one day this vehicle will be powered by unicorn farts.
Regular Flares readers may recall that, since the 2010 elections, I am a member of the Green Party. I joined the party because I noticed that environmentalist muckity-mucks like Al Gore got to live in huge houses while the proles were destined to a life in hovels, biking to work and dining on gruel. Since that doesn't appeal to me, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and joined the Greens so's I can cash in on the sweet life. 

It has occurred to me that now that I am a mover and shaker in the Green Party I probably ought to burnish my Green credentials a little. Thus, when the Flares Mobile started getting long in the tooth I decided to Go Green. That's it above, with its spiffy new Green paint job and renamed the Flares Eco-Mobile.  

I repainted the car a few weeks ago and then, as Solyndra unfolded, I realized I was still but a newbie to this Eco scam business. If I had been on my toes surely I could have tapped into 10 or 20 million dollars of stimulus money to do some testing of my new Eco-Mobile. 

Hmmm... I wonder if it is too late to drop Van Jones an email?
 

No comments: