Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OK - but I refuse to exploit cows

As regular Flares readers know, since the 2010 elections I have been a huge supporter of the Green Party. As a result, it was naturally with considerable interest that I learned that Jill Stein had announced her candidacy to run for President under the Green banner. That's her pictured to the left.

You can go to the Jill Stein for President website and watch her announcement speech. I tried to watch it but, although the spirit was willing the flesh was weak, and so I must confess I dozed off a few minutes in to the 13 minutes it took for her to toss her hat into the ring.

I haven't endorsed her yet -- that depends upon whether she accedes to my request to be named Ambassador to Brazil (conditional upon allowing me to move the Embassy from Brazilia to a condo in Rio overlooking Ipanema beach) -- but of course I'll consider her.

The American Glob post Green Presidential Candidate Lays Claim To OWS, Panics Democrats points out that she is an enthusiastic supporter of the Occupy protests, so if I get that Ambassadorship I guess I'll have to stop mocking them and start supporting them instead.

Exploited cows
That's OK by me, I can be bought. However, I'm afraid I won't be able to join one of their camps. Aside from the fear of developing splitting headaches from the ceaseless bongo drumming, I don't think I could afford to buy all the cigarettes the bums would mooch off me. I would show support by buying them pizza, but I wouldn't want to offend Vegans who object to exploiting cows, goats and other mammals to produce cheese, and of course Vegan cheese is not a humane solution either.

They'll just have to accept my word that I support them 110%
 

5 comments:

OMMAG said...

Satire a fine form of communication that nearly always relies on a sense of irony.

Sonce irony is one of my great joys in life ... I am very pleased to learn of both Jill Stein and your moral stance on exploiting cows....

Anonymous said...

UN PRESIDENT TIM KALEMKARIAN, US PRESIDENT TIM KALEMKARIAN, US SENATE TIM KALEMKARIAN, US HOUSE TIM KALEMKARIAN: BEST MAJOR CANDIDATE.

ambisinistral said...

Shouldn't that be UN Secretary General instead of UN President? Or is TIM KALEMKARIAN angling to have a new office created at that august body?

Anonymous said...

UN PRESIDENT HUGH HEWITT, US PRESIDENT HUGH HEWITT, US SENATE HUGH HEWITT, US HOUSE HUGH HEWITT, GOVERNOR HUGH HEWITT, LT GOVERNOR HUGH HEWITT: BEST MAJOR CANDIDATE.

Anonymous said...

UN PRESIDENT MIKE GALLAGHER, US PRESIDENT MIKE GALLAGHER, US SENATE MIKE GALLAGHER, US HOUSE MIKE GALLAGHER: BEST MAJOR CANDIDATE.