Sunday, September 04, 2011

Remote video piloting a model F-16



Sorry to have yet another flying camera video so soon after the last, but this one is just too good not to post. The creater of the video explains:
A micro camera is installed onboard an r/c plane F-16. The camera transmit live the video to ground and I wear video goggle to fly the plane in real time like if I was in the cockpit. The camera replace the head of the pilot and the movement of the cam is control by the movement of my head on ground via a head mount gyroscope (head tracker)

The whole system cost me around $1500 including the plane. But it is many hours of hand made modifcation. You can start with simpler video system that cost around $500 and install it on your own r/c plane.
 
He says to search the web for FPV to get more information. I found the site FPVpilot.com. I'm not sure if it is his site or not, but it has a wealth of information about remote video piloting.
 

No comments: