Monday, December 19, 2005

Progress more meaningful than democracy in the Middle East

Today is the launch day for the Falcon 1.

http://www.spacex.com/

This guy took his dot com fortune and put about $100M into this. Now anyone can put up a satellite for ~$6M -- an order of magnitude cheaper than ever before. What a cool dude. He did exactly what I would do with that kind of money. When I sell my company I am either going to work for one of the new generation of space businesses or start my own.

Maybe we can finally slip the surly bonds and evolve to our rightful place in the universe.

2 comments:

flenser said...

"When I sell my company I am either going to work for one of the new generation of space businesses or start my own."

Hey, spare a couple of mill to support an up and coming blog, will you?

offworld said...

flenser: Entreprenuers are always broke. Until they are not. Charity starts at home. ;-)