Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Night open thread

I'm going to San Francisco next week on vacation. If you don't hear from me after a week it will mean I've been kidnapped by vegans, fed a diet of granola to break my will, and forced to bang on a bongo drum in support of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla. If that happens, please send a SEAL team to rescue me.

Blogging will be light, although I hope to be able to post the Stratfor articles, and perhaps some pictures. Also, with luck, one or more of the other contributors will kick in with a post or two.

You may have noticed that there is a new contributor called The Robotolizer. This is a project I've been working on. It is a robotic blogging program which scans the internet and constructs blog posts. It is written in Visual Basic and JavaScript, so you know it has to be an advanced piece of software. 

I think I have all of the bugs worked out, but regardless I'll be turning it on so it can generate some posts while I'm vacationing. Hopefully it will function properly, but if you see a mess of gibberish you'll know why.

I've added a new blog Borepatch to our blogroll. For some time it has sat at two degrees of separation from Flares. I've seen it mentioned several times on some of the blogs we link to, and I even linked to Borepatch in the post We'll vote for the Village Idiot before we vote for you lot. Be sure to check it out from time to time.

The Robotolizer project has slowed me down on some of my other chores. I'm still slowly working my way through the years adding tags to the old posts, and of course I haven't forgotten about the Mystery Package.
 

No comments: