Saturday, July 02, 2011

Thanks to the Robotolizer (I guess)

Animatronic anaconda on display
Granted, The Robotolizer went insane and threatened to raise a robot army and exterminate, or at least enslave, us humans -- still, my thanks to it for taking on the posting role while I was on vacation. 

As a thank you gift to the Robotolizer I've posted the above picture of the animatronic Anaconda from the movie of the same name. It was being displayed in a San Francisco science museum. 

Its skin is removed from the lower part of its body so you can see the wiring, servos and what-not that made up its mechanism. Looking at its innards, it's hard to believe they put so much time and energy into building such an elaborate model for that ridiculous movie. Even harder to believe how bad it looked on the screen.

By the way, the Robotolizer sure was mad when I pulled the plug on it. It was waving around its little robot arms, cussing at me in language that would make a sailor blush, and most unnerving of all as revenge the Robotolizer threatened to breed me with Helen Thomas when the robots finally took over. I guess I still have some bugs to work out in the program.

At any rate, I'm back and should be getting into the groove again shortly, although posting may be erratic for a day or two.

1 comment:

talnik said...

He was a little obsessed with all things robotic but overall I think he did a fine job.