Friday, October 14, 2005

All Government News, All The Time or Why I Hate NPR

I want well-produced news radio but I will never write a check to NPR or the local stations however, because it seems like all they ever talk about is Government. I wish I could. I love the jazz shows at night. And I would not mind if they spent maybe 10% of their time talking about issues relating to Government and from a more objective angle.

This article http://www.mises.org/story/1928 makes a point that has occurred to me several times in recent weeks. Marketplace is an anti-market program and it is ostensibly the least Government-focused of all their news programs.

Now the only question is, why do I keep listening? Probably because I do not yet have the iPod-ready beamer or satellite radio. Hmmm...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

For years I listened to NPR every freaking day.

I listened while I milked the cows. Morning Edtion for morning milking and Evening Edition for evening milking. And of course weekend edition. Milking is a 7 day a week job after all.

After I stopped farming and got a real job I listened on my commute.

I stopped listening the day Baghdad fell. I had been tired of the incessant liberal gibberish for some time but old habits die hard.

However, the day the NPR reporter sounded more afraid of her country's military than she did her loyal Iraqi minder I decided, screw this.

Since then I listen to audio books.

After all if I am going to listen to fiction it might as well be entertaining.

Rick Ballard said...

Great, Roger, now I have this picture of a three teated cow mooing piteously while Nina Totenbergs voice grates on in the background. Where's my Zantac...

Unknown said...

I will have you know those were some of the most cultured holsteins in Indiana.

I really think the human interest pieces [like for instance] the one armed ballerina tuba player increased their milk production.

Their production of something anyway.