Thursday, September 22, 2005

Talk about stuck on stupid!

This is unadulterated stupidity. You can't make this stuff up. Legislation to require pets to be included in evacuations.

Have we all gone bark-raving mad?


Who in their right mind actually believes anyone, or any organization, government or otherwise, can evacuate large numbers of people, some of whom show up with dogs, cats, snakes, spiders, lizards, and probably freakin' fish tanks?

"Hi there, Sir. Does your snarling Rotwieller have a license indicating he's had his shots?"
"He never leaves the house. He doesn't need shots. Why are you bothering me with stupid bureaucratic BS? Just get me and my dog on the bus!"

"Ma'am, please, you need to stop screaming. Please, tell us what the problem is so we can help."
"I'm terrified of dogs, especially large dogs. I can't be on this bus with that Rot... ahhhhhhhhh!!!!"

"It's imperative that you control those cats, Sir. As you can see, we've got a lot of animals... Oh shit! George, hurry, get some of those NG troops in here, we've got cat and dog free-for-all going on! And bring a medic - that lady is bleeding pretty bad. At least she stopped screaming. Probably shock."

"Mommy, it smells like dog doo in here. I'm gonna throw up!"

Now we're supposed to send the 82nd Airborne in, have them shoot all the looters, then transition to dog-sitting. Yeah, I know, I'm overreacting. Now tell how this moronic lunacy is even remotely feasible.

While the legislation may draw attention to the issue, it doesn't "have any real meat in it," said Sara Spaulding, a spokeswoman for the American Humane Association. She said uniform protocols on rescuing and sheltering animals, for example, should be formulated at the federal level with consultation from animal welfare groups.
What! No meat? Howya gonna feed them? Where's the rats and crickets? Oh, yeah, sorry, they're on the bus.

3 comments:

babbles said...

Of course if I still had my rotten-weiller, Shiner Bock, he would have been a real pussy cat about the whole thing.

MeaninglessHotAir said...

All part and parcel of the government-as-God syndrome. All that's required is that we think up yet another idea for a better world, pass this along to the government in the form of new legislation, and POOF! it's a better world. What's not to like?

Anonymous said...

Knuck, I can identify rationally, but I'm telling you, if I can't take my cats I'm not going.