Friday, November 17, 2006

OpenMarket » The climate is just like Bambi

OpenMarket » The climate is just like Bambi: "This anthropomorphizing of the climate is at about the same level as “The Little Engine that Could”, which no doubt was Ms. Richter-Menge’s favorite book as a child. Or perhaps Disney’s “Bambi”. Plucky little Arctic struggles valiantly to escape demonic greenhouse and return to chilly home. Conveniently, turning natural processes into a morality play allows her to spin the story away from the obvious conclusion: the Arctic’s natural cycle is entering its cool phase."

2 comments:

Charlie Martin said...

Well, to be fair I think the "plucky little arctic" thing is the news creature, not the scientists.

Anonymous said...

The Floes are alive with the sound of thawing
With Cr--Acks that have sounded for the Industrial Years.
The Shelf fills my heart with the sound of chilling
My heart wants to shout every climate change it hears.
My heart wants to beat George Bush up
For the birds that die from the smog and Cheney’s gun,
My heart wants to whip like the wind that blows from El Nino and Lord Sun.
To mock like the Ocean when it rises in vengeance
Over people in its way,
To dish through the night with a Globe that is probably Gay!
I go to the Floes when my heart needs Gaia
I know I will hear that I’m warm or old,
My heart will be blessed with the curse of carbon
And I’ll sing Algore’s scold.