Call David Gregory

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Lafayette resident Josh Kayser chuckled Monday afternoon when he read about Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shooting a friend during a quail hunt over the weekend.

A few hours later, paramedics rushed Kayser, 21, to the hospital after his girlfriend accidentally shot him while they were trailing a raccoon.

“I read that thing about the vice president and said to myself ‘How can you shoot your friend with your gun?’ And look what happened,” he said Tuesday. (Longmont, CO Daily Times-Call)


No word on why it took two days for the press to get the story.

3 comments:

terrye said...

Well the girlfriend was probably a drunk gay Republican. or something.

Knucklehead said...

Obviously she was, at the very least, a murderous gun nut. Hunting poor defenseless racoons just 'cause they eat the chickens.

BTW, that reminds me of the old story about how to keep racoons out of one's trash cans. I was lamenting that difficulty to a more rural acquaintence once upon a time and told him I'd tried about everything I could thing of short of putting a hasp and lock on the trash cans. He said that if I decided to do that it would only work if I used combination locks.

"Why combination locks?"

"Oh, they'll just pick an ordinary lock. You gotta use a combination lock - them 'coons are clever but they ain't no good with numbers." (How's that for going OT?)

terrye said...

knucklehead:

On behalf of raccons everywhere I want to protest. I think I will go outside and jump up and down and scream Death to Knucklehead. I might even burn a flag or two.