Sunday, February 26, 2006

Some Poor Copy Editor is Having a Bad Day


Cruising around Google News I saw an item on the fossil of the recently discovered Jurassic beaver. Top on the links list was the SouthCoastToday.com's article about the find. Alas for them, they had a bit of an unfortunate mix-up in the presentation of their story. I did a screen grab grab so you can see the hilarity that ensued. I knew that Warren Buffett was old, I didn't know he was that old! Click here, or on the banner above to view the screen grab of the article.

Edit: see above post by terrye for a more serious take on the fossil.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, that is spooky. I guess great minds really do think alike.

ambisinistral said...

Yea, I cracked up when I saw your post when I published my article. Leave it to me to find a nonsensical angle to it.

Unknown said...

Hey, are those things real? [Not the beavers.]

ambisinistral said...

Well, I doubt the things in the picture are real, but the article screw-up is real.

Rick Ballard said...

That's odd. I would have anticipated more of an evolutionary change from the Jurassic to the present.