Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dick Morris hits a Psychological Home Run

Gateway Pundit: Dick Morris Makes Clinton Prediction in Blogger Conference Call: "There is nothing Bill does that is out of control. His rages are the ultimate form of control. The closer you get to the truth the more vociferous he is with his indignation. Once the issue was raised about how he fought terrorism, he thought he had to unload. September is always his month. Not this year. Bill stepped on his story and brought attention to the Clinton years. This was a mistake. Ask Bill about something that hits close to home and he rages."


I don't know how much I believe the rest of this --- I think Dick Morris is still P.O.'ed at Bill C for making a fuss about Morris just having his toes sucked --- but I think he's got a really good point here, psychologically, about the Clinton v Wallace furor: "His rages are the ultimate form of control."

4 comments:

Luther said...

"There is nothing Bill does that is out of control. His rages are the ultimate form of control"

As I posited on a lower thread, though without adequate detail. Bill is a consummate actor. Very smart, very calculating and letting no one interfere with his role in the play. His scenes will not be stolen.

This may not be entirely his fault. Those with a less than an ideal childhood (as was his), learn to cope. There are various degrees and manifestations of this 'survival' behavior. And they should not be mocked, necessarily. But 'self' survival is the ultimate outcome of most such efforts. As it should be.

But... there should come a time when one realizes that this defense is no longer needed. That one can interact with the world on a different level. A level more cognizant that 'the world is a village', (sorry :-)), and that it is OK to admit ones mistakes. Indeed, to embrace those mistakes, and use them as 'lessons' for the greater good.

Bill has not reached that stage, as yet. He still wishes ultimate control, to alleviate his complete lack of control, when young.

Please delete if need be.

Unknown said...

Hey. like they say the best defence is a good offence.

Charlie Martin said...

Luther --- delete? Hell no, I think you're right on top of it, except I don't think Clinton is "acting". I think the rages, the womanizing, the willingness to do almost anything to be liked, and the inability to tolerate criticism are all his genuine reactions. But I do think they arise from a childhood filled with alcoholism and abuse.

Luther said...

StY

Thanks. But I will stick with my take re acting. If the finger wagging "I did not have sex..." was not acting, I do not know what is. He had been getting away with it for so long, he thought it would work, one more time.

"the rages, the womanizing, the willingness to do almost anything to be liked, and the inability to tolerate criticism are all his genuine reactions"

To that, I agree. But like many before him, he believes his 'stage' persona, is truly him. He has not yet learned how to separate the two. He has merged the actor into the ACTOR. His ego will not allow him to cleave the two. He is obviously smart enough to discern, but chooses not to.

IOW's, hoist by his own petard.

I could say much more, but will stop before I embarrass here or myself, even more.