Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ric Locke speaks for me

Ric Locke comments at Roger L. Simon: "As a Bush supporter, I accept my part in the deaths caused by the war. Of course, I always did, and I don't believe George Bush tries to escape responsibility.

But that means the half-million who died because of your hero(es) are on your soul. Gassing entire Kurd villages so Saddam's relatives could have the land: yours. Destroying an ecosystem to starve the Marsh Arabs: yours. Tossing live infants into a slit trench, then cutting their parents' throats and using the bodies to stifle the screams: all on your head. "

3 comments:

Luther said...

Ric Locke is a leftist's worst nightmare. He is always on point and on message. Rarely does he miss.

Unknown said...

I wonder how it is that the left thinks they can flit through life without having to be responsible for anything.

I think most people want the war to end, who doesn't?

But this kind of person, the person who is enraged because an evil man has been removed from power is a mystery to me. I know the answer, Bush is evil blah blah blah...but Saddam was joining the ranks of the great monsters of modern times when Bush was still the Governor of Texas..so why is leaving a monster like Saddam to his devices suddenly a morally superior thing to do?

Charlie Martin said...

While the majority do not like wars, the minority understand the purpose of war over appeasement or national security balanced with civil liberties.

It's not that the minority like wars either. it just that some people prefer to see the dentist when they can just get a filling, while others wait until the pain is unbearable and the whole tooth is rotten.

In Colorado, we call these two groups "adults" and "children."