Monday, August 07, 2006

Disinterested My Behind

It seems that not only is Reuters biasing the headlines etc. against our side, they're now doctoring photos to actively create propaganda for our enemies.

Really, I have to say that I cannot comprehend this mentality. I honestly don't think they want their wives to live under the chador. I honestly don't think they want all gay teenagers hung in the nearest public square. I honestly don't think they want to witness the massacre of millions of Jews in Israel. So, what exactly are they thinking? It's one thing to want to be even-handed—misguided, deeply misguided, in wartime—but actively supporting the enemy? What are they thinking?

7 comments:

chuck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chuck said...

Been on vacation? ;)

This is like, two days old already. Sigh, how time flies on the internet.

Anonymous said...

MHA:

So, what exactly are they thinking?

That the US and the Israel they hate are evil but also omnipotent, such that whatever they do to bring them down a notch is good, and that they can do so without any harm to themselves or, probably in many cases, to the US or to Israel, such is their power - no matter how ugly things may become.

But the ugliness may come to them, and to all of us, too.

Syl said...

What? You think everyone who works for Reuters is western?

The problem is that our news media depends on them and takes them at face value.

Unknown said...

I think george is right. they are telling the folks they hate them. But it would never occur to them that the folks won't just suck it up and give them spending money anyway. They think it makes them look independent and brave to spit in the eye of the powers that be.

Pastorius said...

From having talked to these people, I think many of them really believe that we are not in a real war. They really believe that Muslims can not hurt us, and to think that they could is racist.

When I bring up the possibility of nuclear weapons being used by Jihadis they look at me like I'm a crazy paranoid.

Thing is, I have a feeling that if nukes are used, this type of person will blame that on Bush too.

Unknown said...

lurker:

I think there are too many armchair generals out there.