Right now, Israel's best chance of any decent press would seem to be if Mel Gibson flies in and bawls out his waiter as a "f---ing Jew.'
Mark Steyn makes a good point in this article about the sheer lunacy of playing tit for tat with terrorists.
He also seems to think that any attempt to work within the UN is useless. That may be true, the organization certainly has not covered itself with glory in the past, however, Israel and the United States need some support in the international community and that means it might be necessary to deal with the likes of Kofi. I guess.
Maybe there is hope. Lebanon has rejected the UN Resolution agreed upon by the US and France, it seems it might actually put the screws to Hezbellah:
6. Calls for Israel and Lebanon to support a permanent ceasefire and a long-term solution based on the following principles and elements:
* strict respect by all parties for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Israel and Lebanon;
* security arrangements to prevent the resumption of hostilities, including the establishment between the Blue Line and the Litani river of an area free of any armed personnel, assets and weapons other than those of the Lebanese armed and security forces and of UN mandated international forces deployed in this area;
* full implementation of the relevant provisions of the Taif Accords and of resolutions 1559 (2004) and 1680 (2006) that require the disarmament of all armed groups in Lebanon, so that, pursuant to the Lebanese cabinet decision of July 27, 2006, there will be no weapons or authority in Lebanon other than that of the Lebanese state;
* establishment of an international embargo on the sale or supply of arms and related material to Lebanon except as authorized by its government;
* elimination of foreign forces in Lebanon without the consent of its government;
H/T Power Line .
Cosby liked them drugged
45 minutes ago