Monday, July 31, 2006

Social Work

From LGF an example of Hezbellah's social work in Lebanon:

I lived until 2002 in a small southern village near Mardshajund that is inhabited by a majority of Shias like me. After Israel left Lebanon, it did not take long for Hezbollah to have its say in other towns. Received as successful resistance fighters and armed to the teeth, they stored rockets in bunkers in our town as well. The social work of the Party of God consisted in building a school and a residence over these bunkers! A local sheikh explained to me laughing that the Jews would lose in any event because the rockets would either be fired at them or if they attacked the rockets depots, they would be condemned by world opinion on account of the dead civilians. These people do not care about the Lebanese population, they use them as shields, and, once dead, as propaganda. As long as they continue existing there, there will be no tranquility and peace.

Dr. Mounir Herzallah
Berlin-Wedding

1 comment:

Syl said...

Well, there's someone who's figured out the game. I'm sure there are more.

I'm wondering though, assuming the Lebanese poll is even correct, if those Lebanese who say they are supporting Hezbollah now will completely support them after the shooting stops.

I mean they'll probably be thinking: Damn, I support them, but if they dare goad Israel into fighting us again I'll be REALLY REALLY pissed off at them.