Do you believe that it is possible for America and its values to co-exist with a militant Islam as strong and as popular as it appears to be today?
If your answer is "yes," then:
- Does that mean that you envision a world in which American values have a sphere of influence and Islamofascism has its sphere of influence, and we achieve a sort of detente?
- What parts of the world are you prepared to see come under the Islamofascist sphere of influence?
- Are you prepared to see the Islamofascist sphere armed with nuclear weapons?
- How would you defend the American homeland if Islamofascists choose to attack?
If your answer is "no," then:
- Do you believe that Islamic militancy can be reduced through appeasement, or does it have to be opposed militarily?
- Who do you see as our key allies, and who do you see as our key adversaries?
- What is your strategy for limiting the military capability, particularly access to weapons of mass destruction, of Islamic militants?
- How important are American values in this conflict?
- How would you go about promoting American values abroad?
See Kling's whole article at TCS. But more important: what are your answers?