Fitzmas in Cambodia

Wednesday, July 12, 2006
An operetta on ice developed from comments threads at JOM and here at Flares

Tommy Tune for the role of John F Kerry.
Zsa Zsa Gabor as the young Valerie Plame.
Burbank as Cambodia.
Al Gore in a cameo role as the "Lucky Hat"
"Lucky Hat, keep talkin' Lucky Hat,
Talk about things you'd like to do.
You got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?"
"Talk about the moon in Cambodia sky
Lookin' at a Swiftboat on the lake;
Talk about a guy learnin' how to lie.
Makin' all the BS he can make."
"Lucky Hat, keep talkin' Lucky Hat,
Talk about things you'd like to do.
You got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?"
PeterUK

Continued..

4 comments:

Peter UK said...

O Teddy Boy, the car, the car is rolling
From side to side, and down the rivers bank
You missed the bridge and now the car sinking
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
For I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Teddy Boy, oh Teddy Boy, I love you so

But when ye come and all the flow'rs are dying
If I am dead, as dead I well may be
Ye'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an Ave there for me

And I shall hear though soft you tread above me
And all my grave will warmer, sweeter be
For you will bend and tell me that you love me
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me.
In Memorium

Rick Ballard said...

Terrye,

I missed that - I'll fix it in a moment.

Knucklehead said...

He Came In Through the Bedroom Window

(Oh, look out!)
He came in through the bedroom window
Projected by a Plaming spook
But now he sucks her thumb and wanders
The tea pubs down in ol' Rangoon

Didn't anybody tell heim?
Didn't anybody see?
Libby's on the phone to Novak,
Novak's on the phone to Fitz

He said he was an African diplo'
He sipped at 15 cups a day
And though he thought he knew the answer
Well he knew what he could not say.

And so he quit the State Department
And got a semi-steady job
Shilling for France out of Djibouti
He could lie but he could not coup

Didn't anybody tell him?
Didn't anybody see?
Libby's on the phone to Novak,
Novak's on the phone to Fitz
Oh yeah.

terrye said...

I am shocked, really I am, honest.