Saturday, July 01, 2006

Oh, for crying out loud

From Power Line:
We received many emails from readers who were incensed about this article in the Travel section of the New York Times, which obligingly tells terrorists and cranks how to find the weekend homes of Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld in St. Michaels, Maryland. I didn't write anything about the article initially, because, frankly, it strikes me as over-the-top to believe that even the Times wants Rumsfeld and Cheney assassinated. I think they would be content with an electoral victory for their party in November.

Words simply fail me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

People need to step back and take a deep breath.

Luther said...

Seriously OT:

But just had to link to these photos of North Korea.

Commie Heaven, Well next to Cuba

HT to Will Collier at Vodkapundit

Forgive me, but leftists are such retards.

Rick Ballard said...

Luther,

I was in East Germany and Czechoslavakia (before the split) in the early nineties. It's a shame that all lefties can't spend some time in people's paradises. Even southern China is a dump in many respects - most respects, actually.

chuck said...

Oh, I dunno,

I expect that the article was not completely, you know, innocent. I bet the writer and editors had a bit of a snicker about the camera in the birdhouse. They may be childish and immature, but they aren't dumb.

Luther said...

Rick

That must have been an experience. One that you should share at an appropriate moment. If possible.

Unknown said...

chuck:

I knew a guy who tried to put some of that information on the internet years ago. His name was Edward something or other. At any rate his hope was that someone would leave dog poop in Cheney's yard, not kill him.

Barry Dauphin said...

The folks at the Times are not looking to have Cheney and Rumsfeld assasinated. However, I think they are trying to sell a story to their readers--sort like: hey, let's see how Cheney and Rumsfeld like it when their privacy is invaded just like when they invade our privacy with NSA wiretapping, etc., etc.