Sunday, July 16, 2006

smiile you innovators

In keeping with my adoption of Dr. Leary's S M I^2 L E as the material recipe for human progress, I have great enthusiasm for some of Marvin Minksy's ideas

I grew up on a steady diet of science fiction and I find it wholly unacceptable that we are not yet able to travel to space on a regular basis and that computers are as dumb as they are and that we still die in our 80s.

I cannot wait to finish this business business and move on to something bigger... I am not likely to make a contribution in Life
Extension but AI (I^2) or Space Migration are definitely on my list. I hope I am what the recent Wired magazine article on creativity calls an "Experimental Innovator" -- a creative late bloomer whose best work is done late in life. (Wired: What Kind of Genius are You? ) There may be a couple others in this group...

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Best of luck in your worthy cause(s), offworld. I've also dabbled in AI, am currently dealing with more pressing demands, but hope one day to return to make a contribution, however small.