Saturday, October 12, 2024

Waiting for electricity

What I'm dreaming of
Well, I more or less survived a direct hit from Hurricane Milton. The leading edge of the storm had torrential rain, then the wind came. The wind was loud and ferocious.

During the worse of the wind small branches were raining down on our roof. Unfortunately a large section of oak fell and poked a small hole in it. The next day we removed the wood and put a tarp over the hole until we can patch it properly.
The eye was amazing, very still and quiet as it passed.  The winds on the trailing side of the storm were much less rambunctious, which was a relief.
I have no power or internet. Some trees fell and took out the lines on my street. I have a full house generator, but my supply of propane is not infinite. I figure that I have 6-7 days if rationed properly. I have an order in for more, but who knows how chaotic that business is in the storm's aftermath.
So, all things considered, everything is fine.
 

No comments: