Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Walking in sunny Nuuk, Greenland

This is a walk in Nuuk, the capital of Greenland. He claims it is on a nice sunny day, but all the snow and what-not lying about makes it look like a frigid hellhole to me. The walk starts on a boardwalk on the seashore. The houses lining it look nice. 

Eventually he enters the city and the first thing I notice is a group of picnic tables outside of what I assume is a restaurant. There is a group of diners, in parkas, sitting at them and presumably enjoying their lunches. I think to myself, "wait -- these lunatics are trying to eat outside in the midst of a polar vortex???"

As we walk further into the city, we come across a public beach. To my amazement there is a group of people, again in parkas, frolicking about on the water's edge. I begin to entertain the possibility that prolonged exposure to cold causes brain damage. I am thankful that I escaped to Florida before I lost too many IQ points.

He then climbs a hill above a scenic church which gives him a good view of the city. A walk into the city's business district shows it to be a very pleasant, modern and well maintained. It looks, aside from the freezing cold, to be a nice place.

 

No comments: