Sunday, June 12, 2022

A sari sari store

Previously, in my post Walking in Quezon City and Matilao, we toured a couple of neighborhoods in the Philippines in my walking in cities series. If you watched them, you may have noticed a number of stores called sari sari stores. These are convenience stores. Above is a tour of a rural sari sari store to give you an idea of what they offer. As a bonus, at the end our host and her mother fire up the sari sari's karaoke machine and sing a couple of songs.

Below is another walk in the Philippines, this one during a heavy rain. In spite of the weather there are a lot of people out and about. The neighborhood is hilly and you can see the drainage problems they have handling such a heavy downpour.

2 comments:

Chuck Pergiel said...

Please tell me that Golden Shower means something different in the Philippines.

ambisinistral said...

LOL -- I noticed that sign as well, but I didn't want to ponder it too much.