|
| Click any image to enlarge |
Now that the World Glass, or World Pot, or whatever that soccer tournament is called is over we can get back to more interesting and exciting sports. I'll admit to watching none of the World Dish matches. However, through some sort of cultural osmosis I figured out that, since penalty shots offer the highest odds of scoring, the most popular play is to flop on the ground and fake an injury to try to get a penalty shot. It sounds screwy to me, but what do you expect of a sport that uses feet instead of hands with their evolutionarily advanced opposable thumbs?
Anyway, since summer is upon us baseball teams, unless they've already bumbled their way out of contention, are entering the pennant race. So, to flush our memories of the World Cutlery matches, I offer up paintings of people playing the fine sport of baseball. They're mainly American, but since baseball is popular in Asia as well, I've also added in a few Japanese baseball paintings.






















No comments:
Post a Comment