Sunday, January 17, 2010

Occasional Links

Ok, so I've gotten into the habit of reading the news again and finding stuff that I'm moved to share with the world. I'll start putting some of them up again, at least for my benefit.

Here's today's list:
Flattery works better than you thought.

A site to automatically analyze the psychological profile of your favorite Tweeter based on their word-usage.

They tied light in knots.

How galaxies came to be.

China may end up monopolizing all rare earth elements. This has scary implications for both high-tech and green-tech, where these elements are used extensively.

Will China rule the world?

Obama's scary totalitarian tendencies.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Knucklehead said...

I like links to interesting things. Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I recently attended several mining conferences and each drew a large contingent of Chinese investors looking for opportunities within North and Latin America.

Knucklehead said...

I thought of the "flattery" advertising article this morning when I saw it's first cousin, the "We are wonderful and you should love us" ad put out by the United Federation of Teachers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk3Q6w62c4&feature=player_embedded

You can see it at the URL above. I saw it while pounding the treadmill. Teachers are wonderful, we don't need polices, just more of those wonderful teachers who care about nothing but educating our children.

Is there anyone left who believes that what the Edu schools are pumping out is anything anywhere near "Our Best and Brightest"?

ambisinistral said...

This is the second Chinese spam comment we've received this week. At last our blog has hit the big time!

I had a science teacher in Junior High who did nothing but show films every period. It was drilled into my head that Mr. Hemoglobin is my friend.

Anyways... he used put his feet up on his desk and lean back in his chair when he watched them. The high point of the semester was when he fell asleep and flopped out of his chair.

BTW, really glad to see the Links posts back. I always enjoy them. But, where is the picture of a clock that used to accompany them?