Monday, September 21, 2020

Coconut and sesame oil presses

When I do these small factory videos for some reason I often end up in India or Bangladesh. I look for nicely filmed videos with ambient sound rather than cheesy elevator music and/or sales pitches. For some reason that sparseness is the style for a lot of videos out of southeast Asia. 

These two videos show small factories that have presses that produce coconut and sesame oil for cooking (although that's a guess on my part, perhaps the oils have different uses). Neither looks even remotely hygienic to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most everyone is going nuts about c19. How sanitary is all this machinery? How many trillions of bugs are coving all those machines, buckets, bowls and the stick they are using. Plus they are not even covering their hands while touching all that product.
EEEEUUUUUUU.
Heltau

ambisinistral said...

Yea, the dirtiness of the shops is a sight to behold. The only positive spin I can put on them is that both these oils are also used in skin and hair care and perhaps this is just the first step in processing them. Maybe further down the line they are filtered and sterilized? At least I hope so.