Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Fifteen years

Celebrating 15 years together with our dear readers

Today is the 15th anniversary of the first post on Flares into Darkness, hence the beautiful crystal (the recommended gift for a 15th anniversary) pictured above. Flares started as a group blog by people who were regular commenters on Roger Simon's pre PJ Media blog. Gradually the other contributors drifted away to more fruitful pastimes leaving only me. 

This will be the 6,321st post on this blog. The most popular post is Opening Act by Charles Martin (you may recognize his name from elsewhere) with ~52.5k views. My most popular post is The secret life of booth babes with ~21.2k views. However, this is not a high traffic blog, most posts draw from 100 to 500 views. Since well thought out opinion posts are a bridge too far for me, I guess I should do more cheesecake picture posts if I want more traffic.

I do enjoy my time here. I pretty much ignore the issues of the day, they are covered much better elsewhere, and instead I just make cheesy jokes and fixate on whatever odd corners of the universe I stumble upon. Enjoy.
  

No comments: