Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Breakfast, lunch and dinner for house builders

These are three videos of meals served to some fellows building a wood house in Azerbaijan. They are in order of how far along the house construction is, not in order of the time of day the meals are served. The lunch looked delicious; chicken breast stuffed with potatoes, peppers and carrots with cheese melted on top.

The videos are done in a common style of a type of cooking video. They rely on no narration, sparse captioning, ambient sound and an emphasis on simple rural life. I am always a sucker for this type of video.


2 comments:

XRay said...

Interesting they use screws and not nails. I'd eat the hell out of one of those chicken breasts though.

Luther

How's it going Ambi? I'm getting old but holding on. Missing the days when we all thought we had something to say over at Roger's old place. Geeze... that's been damn near 20 years. That's a lot of water under the bridge. Most excellent taste by the way, your keeping of the place, otherwise I'd not have those memories.

ambisinistral said...

Luther,

I noticed that they also used cordless power tools which pretty much kills the whole 'Slavic bumpkins building a cabin in the woods' vibe they were going for. These types of videos are always pretty heavily produced.

For example Li Ziqi, who I featured in the post Homemade wheat beer and crayfish is, since Chinese citizens are not allowed to use the Western internet much less YouTube, most likely she is just pumping out CCP soft power propaganda. Considering the Cultural Revolution, the CCP's endless blabbering about traditional Chinese culture is pretty hypocritical.

And yea, it has been a long time hasn't it? I figure someday I'll keel over and the blog will go dark, but in the meantime I post oddities and such that I find here and there on the internet. The day to day raving is done better by other people, so I just entertain myself. I'm glad you like my efforts.

BTW, your account is still active if you ever get an urge to post.